Monday, July 6, 2009

addiction

I will never understand what draws some people to experiment with drugs but it sure is common. Michael died with a huge variety of drugs in his system. My 15 year old has already shown an interest in mind and body alterting substances by taking half a bottle of Lortab. I thook him to a therapist. Months later he crushed an antibiotic and sniffed it, (I almost felt like the therapist had actually given him the idea) I am so afraid for him. How strange that even witnessing the death of a beloved uncle hadn't curbed his interest. He claims he doesn't ever want to do it again. All I can do is hope and watch vigilantly.

1 comment:

modej said...

Addiction has made a complete mess of my family. My sisters ex husband has spent half of his childrens lives in jail because he can't control his behavior while drinking or doing whatever other drug happens to be around. My sister with the new baby obviously has issues with alcohol. I have given her information about alcohol and breast milk and also articles about women who have had their children taken because of their alcohol consumption while nursing. I think it might make a difference but we have to watch constantly.