Monday, November 3, 2008

toxic waste

I think I have a toxic disposition. I feel so negative all the time. What's strange is that I have a relatively positive outlook on life. I like to think that most people are basically good, although they generally seem to be misguided. I don't believe in ANY doomsday prophesies. I know that at this economically disastrious time people all around me are talking about the "hard times that have been foreseen". Life has been difficult since man first walked on all fours. (well, before that actually). There is always going to be some trauma going on. Anyone can predict it. I stil believe that many of us will roll with the punches and our species will continue, or not, who cares.?
My theory on myself is that I am so dissapointed that so far Howard and I are the only people I've ever heard of, let alone met who believe and behave the way we do. So dissapointment has jaded me. I wonder why the whole planet of humans is made up of people who, 1 must have a prophet dictate to them what is right and wrong in order to behave moraly or, 2. athiests who say "to hell with it, there is no God or hell so why should I make any effort to live any way other than whatever feels good at the moment" Where are all the athiest and Deists who believe in cause and effect? Why are all Athiests and Deists liberal Democrats? Why do people insist that abortion has anything to do with religion? Is murder only wrong because God says it's wrong? If there is no God is murder then ok? My family need socialization! We need a church ok! I'm actually contemplating taking the kids back to the LDS church. I fear that my children are not as strong as I thought and cannot hold out against all the riff-raff out there telling them it's ok to be "bad". Maybe next time I can write a more positive note.?

No comments: